Friday, July 13, 2018

Dinner with Friends


Thursday Night I had dinner with friends that are a couple. Until the last year and a half hadn’t seen them in many years; they had gone to a previous church that I attended however left shortly after a new pastor came aboard. Anyway they are now going to the same church I am and they are part of the home group that I attend as well.

During the time spent we talked about what has been going on in my life during those lost years as we may call them. They have shared some of those times in our small group though I had not.

They gave me some good advice though I have to say it wouldn’t be easy to do. Good advice isn’t always easy to put into practice either.

They mentioned since I have lived in the same community most of my life that it is time to spread my wings when it comes to relationships. I should check out churches and other social gatherings in the communities that are nearby. It is possible that I may find the relationships I am looking for since not happening where I am at.

So I will start right away to do this. I might as well than wait; like anything going to uncharted waters is scary to do. I recommend if you are in the same boat as I am time to discover some new land. We may find someone right around the corner. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment