Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Joy of Fall




No matter how lovely summer is there is joy of fall for me.

Actually here in the Pacific Northwest we have the privilege of having all four seasons.

Although we don’t have the luxury of having the sun coming out for a few months other than peaking itself out for a few minutes once in a while.

I love the flowers and the smell of the fresh air. Seeing grass turning green after a hot summer and try summer.

Saturday I was in my favorite coffee shop and a young couple I know came in along with their two very young daughters. The last time I had seen the girls were when they were babies now they talk and do the things they do.

What I really liked was the girls were all smiling and waving at me from the beginning. Of course they don’t remember me from their last visit and probably not this one when we see each other again. They made me feel loved and there is nothing better than that.

I have to say the best thing about fall is love. It feels the part of the season. Of course I know that cloudy days are ahead along with the rain. The last few days haven’t been able to see Mt. Rainier with the clouds being in the way.

I love to close my eyes enjoying the fresh air. It is like going to the ocean except not hearing the waves rush in.

Fall I hope you stick around a while before winter arrives.   


No comments:

Post a Comment