Friday, March 14, 2014

Traveling


The first time I traveled, and told people that I was from Washington State they were confused. They thought I was from Washington D.C. instead.  I would than say I was from the other Washington, on the west coast.  After that I decided to say I was from Seattle because most people of course would not know where Gig Harbor is, or likely never heard of it. I believe most people living in Western Washington say the same thing when traveling.  

My sister living in Quebec, Canada, and my brother who now lives in Washington D.C area, ironically says Seattle.  My brother travels a lot since he is a business consultant. He has lived in several places before Washington D.C. so he will tell others about all the places if they are interested, otherwise he will tell them he grew up in Seattle. While living in St.Louis, Missouri he told me that he met a couple people that not only knew where Gig Harbor was but actually lived in Gig Harbor for a few years. Usually this happens when they are familiar with the Seattle area. Also, he met another person in St.Louis who had visited Gig Harbor because they had relatives in Gig Harbor. Does make it sound like a small world.

Another thing I do when traveling I carry on my luggage on the plan. I take only one piece of luggage because the first few times I had my luggage stored the airlines lost my luggage. Fortunately I did have my luggage found. Five years ago when I traveled back east for my niece’s wedding I took a liner as well with my outfit for the wedding. I found they are able to store the liner up front before the first class section.

When traveling by plane I enjoy talking with the passenger next me on the flight. Of course, it depends whether the flight is day or night. Usually I can tell if the passenger is interested or not. During the day time I want talk because the time will go by faster. It is nice to know if they beginning their vacation, or what they are doing on their destination. Of course, in some cases they maybe return from their vacation. Find out what they enjoyed while visiting, and who they visited. At night, I generally don’t ask much because I know most want to sleep including myself. In this case I may talk near the end of the flight unless they are still a sleep.

I amazed that some people don’t like traveling by plane. I actually haven’t traveled a lot; usually only go by plane once every year or two at the most. I do find it a little difficult on takeoff and landing but figure the rest of the flight is fine so what is the big deal.


I  hope to do more traveling in the future, and able to write about my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment