Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Ho Ho Ho



I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. Tis the season to be jolly; I know that for some it has been a naughty year while for others it is a good year. I would say for many it would be somewhere in between.

Tuesday night I decided to watch Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer.  It is having the 50th anniversary of the show running on television. I haven’t watched it for sometime but since it is the anniversary I decided too. I was not very old but I do remember watching it the very first year and for sometime after. It is probably my favorite Christmas show. I especially enjoy Burl Ives. He was quite the actor and singer. Though Rudolph was a misfit he became the greatest Reindeer of all time. I think many of us could feel like we are in his shoes. I believe if we read stories about many well known people things did not start out well for them. They were able to overcome obstacles in their lives to become great people. I believe it shows that any of us can become greater people regardless of the circumstances we began with. For some it may have been being poor, and for others it was coming from a bad family or overcoming an illness.


I know for me I have not always enjoyed the Christmas season. I have found myself to be lonely at times; however, I realize it is important for me to overcome the loneliness. This time of the year especially we can help out those who are struggling and having a poor year. It is important to think less of ourselves and more about others. Regardless of the dark place we may be living in at this time there are others who likely living in even darker places who can use our help. We can use our experience and encourage others. We can lift people out of the pit and into a better place. We can make this life a better place for others. It is important when we have the time to volunteer or be a mentor to others. This is really important to help others who are going through some of the same things we went through ourselves. We really can be good if we put our heart into it. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment