Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Day before Christmas



Today is the day before the big day that many anticipate all year long. Some will be just relaxing while others finish their Christmas shopping. Also, there will be others who will be traveling to visit grandparents or other relatives for Christmas. Many people have more than one family they may celebrate at one today and another tomorrow. Some families have a tradition to open presents on Christmas Eve and others on Christmas. If there are plenty of presents you can open some tonight and others tomorrow.

This year Mother and I will be celebrating Christmas very casual. We will be taking it easy because she has the flu. The chances are good we will be celebrating Christmas more fully when she feels better in a few days. We will open the presents sent to us and remember everyone we know on Christmas. We will talk about the Christmas pasts. Though it will be great joy it will be sad as well since some are no longer with us. It is important to remember those who are close to our hearts whether alive or dead.

I will remember my sister and her two young men in Quebec, Canada. The years we spent Christmas together. Also, my younger brother Jack and his family back on the east coast. I have spent a few Christmases with them. I think about my brother Dick and my dad who are no longer with us. Christmas was very special to them both. I remember the presents we opened together so often, and decorating the Christmas tree. Also, I remember my relatives in Southern France. Last year my nephew Danny spent the year studying in Paris. He visited a few days with the relatives before arriving at his home for Christmas with his family. I am sure he will not forget the experience in France. It is a beautiful place especially in Southern France. People are very friendly. Though I do not know them very well I think about my relatives in South Africa, and Australia as well. As you may be able to tell I have family and friends all over the world. I hope to be able to travel where I can meet each one in the future. I appreciate each one that read’s this blog. This is especially true for those in far off lands. I know that some of you will have a white Christmas; I will have to continue to dream about a white Christmas here at home. Who knows could have a miracle. In fact, I will have to say that you are all miracles to me.


So to you all a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment