Friday, January 9, 2015

Growing Up Today



With shooting in Paris, France the other day, and now two hostages situations in the same area makes me think again the world our children or grandchildren are growing up in.

When I was growing up I did not think much about the safety going on around me. I had difficult times though I had really good parents. They were not perfect by any means; however, they gave me every opportunity to have a good life. Now it seems to be hard to stay safe. I was able to pretty much do anything that I wanted that was not illegal, and be safe. I did have to deal with bullies that I have mentioned before but I was handle things.

My parents not only taught me right from wrong but they choose a neighborhood for me to live in that was pretty safe. In fact, I would say even today is generally safe. Now though we cannot protect the children in the same way. What is happening in the world now something can happen in any neighborhood. Someone crazy in the area or who comes into the area can start shooting. Not only are all our children not totally protected neither are we. I know that some people carry guns for protection but will that protect us from anyone who starts shooting away. We would be able to defend ourselves as long as we are not hit first. The best thing we can do is stay alert at all times.


Another thing we can do is live a life of purpose, goals, adventure, faith and love. We can be people that set examples for others. Also, for those who are older to be mentors to the younger generation. We can actually be mentors to one another as well. We can learn about being good citizens, and good parents. We can teach the younger people they are loved and they have purpose to life. In our world today many of the children are from families that are divided. We can be mothers and fathers to those who need one. Hopefully we can make the world a better place. Since so many are going toward evil those who know good need to be live it. So many groups are finding young people to corrupt our turn to the opposite. Though not perfect maybe we can make the world a better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment