Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Wet February


 

 I think so far it has been one of the wettest Februarys on record in Western Washington and we are only a third of the way through the month.  It feels that way to me so much that it seems like we are going to have the rainfall amount for the year just in February. I am sure that is not true but it sure feels that way.

I remember that we have had some very good Februarys where the sun spent a lot time out; however, this is not one of them at least so far. Supposedly we are going to have a sunny week next week but we will see. On the bright side though I would like to have some snow I am glad we do not have the snow they are having in Boston. So far they have had seventy inches of snow in the past thirty days. I would say that is a lot of snow. Our mountains have had a bad year and not come close to seventy inches.

My brother Jack and his family spent this last weekend in Boston. Two of his sons Ian and Danny are going to school in Boston area. Jack and his wife Anne had to take an earlier flight back on Sunday because their flight scheduled for Sunday night was cancelled because of the snow. Most of the snow came on Monday and school was closed for Ian and Danny. The reason the family spent the weekend in Boston was for the Hasty Pudding Theatre play at Harvard University. Ian was one of the writers of this year’s production. It was the second year in a row for Ian. It is quite an honor to be chosen to write the play.

I would like us to have some snow here in Gig Harbor but it does not look like we will be getting any this year. The temperatures have not been close to freezing since the end of November. As the saying goes have to wait till next year. The weather is more like April when we get showers to bring May flowers. I guess we can encourage each other that the weather will get better; however, we may have to wait till July. Since I am used to rain I will continue to enjoy the days. No reason to think on the negative side of things.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment