Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Trusting


On Monday April 6 I had went to the hospital early morning for a cardiac procedure. Going into it wasn’t sure whether I would have a valve installed or not. It all depended on how my heart would react. I am not sure for how long but my heart has been skipping. I would not know the results of course until I got out of the procedure.

The doctor told me about two hours after the procedure and I was out of recovery that my heart was still skipping but under the circumstances I did not need a valve installed. I thought it was odd because I thought a valve would be installed if my heart was still skipping which I find is not true in my situation.

What I find is coming out of the procedure was the same as going into the procedure where I have to trust in the doctor and the nurses. I must trust in the experience they have and the many procedures have done.

What comes with trust is faith. Along with faith is belief. A friend of mine Emily a few days ago knowing that I was going through with procedure said that God is control, and we can just relax. The truth is that we can only do so much. I have to believe that my heart will do what it has to do. The doctor is not concerned so I must not be either.

I found when I got home that someone I know has an illness, and a sister of another friend had a heart that was skipping maybe even worse than mine. The doctor had to be sure to get it back in beat. They asked for prayer in both situations.  Being people looking in from the outside all we can really do is prayer and give words of encouragement.

I spent a couple hours yesterday at the coffee shop that I usually go to in the morning. I felt it was important to see other people even though I was out of the hospital for only one day. I did not plan over extending myself I just needed to get out for a little while. I spent most of the day relaxing and doing some sleeping. I will do the same today as well.

I believe part of recuperating is to spend some time around other people. It is important to be encouraged by others, and for them to know that I am OK. You can’t say that just over the phone or on the social network.

I have said before that we all have a purpose and a destiny to our lives. Even during the difficult times it is important to be around family and friends. We can never shut ourselves off from other people. This all goes along with trust and faith. It is important to hear and learn from others as well.

So I believe the doctor that I should be around for some time. Other words you can’t get rid of me that easy. Enjoy the rest of your week. Many blessings and good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment