Monday, November 9, 2015

Looking at Time Change


On Sunday November 1st our clocks went back an hour. I am sure how everyone reacts about the time change can be different.

I know for me though we gained an extra hour to either enjoy awake or sleep another hour it was quite strange. I woke up about the same time so I slept an extra hour I felt tired all day and the day seemed even longer. I am not sure the time change really made the day longer it was more likely because I had to take my sister to the airport for her return home after spending time with my mother and I. I always find when I do something different than my usual routine the day feels so much longer. I can’t recall in previous years with time change that I felt this way before so I am sure it has to do with taking my sister to the airport. I have found the same thing when I have travelled somewhere myself whether by plan or by car.

I wonder how other people feel about time change go either back or forward. The change here in the fall where we gain an hour I feel has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that light comes earlier in the morning and disadvantage darkness comes earlier in the evening. I am sure after a while when we are on this we won’t know the difference. Of course, until Dec.21 the days get shorter and the nights longer so early mornings are fine with light but the dark nights not so fine.

What I think though is that we should stay on one time all year long; which one I do not really care at all. I know that the change originally happen had to do with farming; however, we are not so concerned about that any more. I am sure the concern is more with children getting up for school and catching the bus. If this is the case I would stay on the time that keeps it lighter the longest. The change of time here in USA anyway should be decided state by state. Actually I am sure it is that way already so I am favor that the state of Washington would decide to stay on the time all year long. So what time would I recommend I stay the time we are on now since it is lighter in the morning for the kids. I am sure the farmers can adjust. Another concern would be the animals so should ask for their opinion as well. It is possible they like one time change over another. I know I am being silly but is this whole time change a bit silly you see neither Arizona or Hawaii change their time. What we could do is hire someone to see what affect no time change is compared to time change. How people and animals feel about time change could revolutionize our world like we have never known before. I know again I am being silly. You may feel that I am wasting our way writing about this which could be true as well. At least I enjoyed this if you didn’t. The positive side if you do not like this I won’t be writing about it again. A very positive thing to say the least so I end here please enjoy your week with additional hour. Oh wait a minute that was last week wasn’t it. Anyway enjoy your normal week.

No comments:

Post a Comment