Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Pressing Forward to the Mark


In the Bible there are many scriptures or verses you may call them that you can live by whether you are a Christian or not. One of the verses is Philippians 3:14 which begin with pressing forward to the mark or prize. It speaks about Christ and making it to heaven however those who are runners understand what it means as well.

So I see that whatever we want out of life we must set our mark toward the goal to receive the prize that we want. As a Christian my goal is to be like Christ. Part of the goal is to let other people know what Christ has done in my life and what he can do for them as well. I not only tell people about Christ and how he put his life down so others can live. He paid the ultimate prize for our sins so we can reconcile with God our Heavenly Father. Besides telling people for me to live a life that others will want to live as well. In our world we all live to some degree or another to live a life of selfishness. We may live that way in our actions including through family and friends. We can live though selflessness in the same manner for our family and friends. Often we call selfishness love however the greatest love is through selflessness.

Our goal should be to press on toward the mark so we can be as selfless as possible. We won’t totally fulfill it because selfishness is part of as well. In some ways selflessness may bring out the selfishness in us. I know that may sound strange saying that however it is true. Just think about the acts you may have done over your life so far. The actions you have taken that appear to be selfless if you think more about it you have done with a selfish attitude. Doing good deeds is a good thing however we often do it with the wrong motive. I know that I do those deeds sometimes that others will think I am a great guy and not just doing a good deed. We all have a desire to be accepted by others.

I am not here to judge others of their actions or deeds. In fact most of the time I do not even think of others actions or deeds just my own. Other words if you give me something that I will enjoy I will thank you for it and not think of your deed.

I am saying all this for us to become better people whether a Christian or otherwise. Let us all press on so we can receive the prize we desire. A good goal for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment