Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Make Life Simple


This week being Holy Week and then yesterday hearing about the bombing in Brussels I feel it is important that we all make life as simple as we can. Not an easy task at all. Like any change it will take time for us to make life simple.

I believe there is no coincidence of what happened in Brussels and Holy Week. I am sure ISIS has been planning on this bombing for quite some time maybe even before the one in Paris. I am sure they have other ones planned coming up to follow. The key is for countries like USA, France and Belgium that their intelligence departments find out where the next one happens and stops it first. We can tell not easy thing to do.

Another thing about having a simple life is we can’t allow fear to get us down when situations like yesterday happen. This is where faith, hope and love come in.  Not an easy task but necessary.

Another area I am working on to make life simple is to organize things. Not easy either since change is always hard to deal with even when you know it must happen. For example, this is tax season so I am helping my mother to organize all the documents she has to send to her accountant and saving those she keeps as well. Along with that I have put a place for her to pay the bills on time. I told her she should pay them as soon as they come in however you probably know that is easier said than done. We have a bag where we place junk mail in. Of course it is bigger than the bills and documents that is for sure. When the bags are full or at least close to shred them.

Besides organizing her things I have to do the same for myself. Yet another job that will likely take some time; I not only have to get rid of some lovely paper junk I have to organize my closet. Get rid of those close items that I don’t like or I don’t wear. Actually they are the same thing generally. I figure the key to it is baby steps. A little bit a day at a time. The big problem is it so easy to put off to tomorrow which leads to the next and the day. So I am going to start today even if I only spend five or ten minutes to do so. This is where baby steps come in.

I figure this goes for losing weight as well. Another task that is not easy to do. When it comes to losing weight I figure to lose one pound a week until the weight is where I want it. Sounds simple but it isn’t as easy as I thought.

In the end doing all these tasks life will be simple. I hope that I have convinced you. Remember start with baby steps and you will have a wonderful day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment