Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Life Experiences


I have been writing about life experiences over the last two and half years’ right here. I find it not easy to come up with as many as I would like primarily because my memory is somewhat short especially the ones from early years of my life. Some come about because my mother or someone else remembers a time in my life.

I give you an example of a life experience that I don’t remember however someone I knew growing up in school. On Tuesday he invited me to a Tacoma Rainiers game. He had told me before however decided to repeat it again. In fact he told his daughter about it as well as someone else at the ball game. He recalls seeing my brother Dick and me playing tennis at Twanoh State Park on the Hood Canal the same day that Neil Armstrong landed and walked on the moon. Of course Armstrong’s experience was greater than Dick and I playing tennis. I don’t recall playing that day though Dick and I did play tennis on quite a few occasions at Twanoh State Park. Our family went there many times when I was growing up especially during the summer.  We even went there the same summer after I got out of the hospital from being burned which I mentioned in my last blog. I have many good memories of the place beyond this story I don’t remember. Twanoh was and still is a really great place to swim. We even spent one year camping out there as well.

I believe everyone has stories like the ones that I share. Everyone can share the life experiences they have had. You do not necessarily have to write them on a blog like I do though I think it is a nice idea. You can write short stories, just a paragraph or a poem about memories that you recall. In some instances you can post them to FB or another social media along with just saving them to your computer for your children, grandchildren and generations beyond. It is your family history or a journal you wrote when you were younger.

These days so many people post pictures to their blog or FB only without writing anything. This is another good way to share your family history. My niece Leslie posts pictures now and then about trips she and her husband Daniel have been on along with family photos. Whatever way you feel about telling life experiences I recommend doing it.  I know I enjoy seeing friends and how their families are growing. I believe we can learn from one another too. As much as you enjoy what I write I am sure others will enjoy what you do. Nice to know everyone’s story.

No comments:

Post a Comment