Friday, July 8, 2016

What Makes You Happy?


 I have been told that for someone to really get something through their mind to actually sink in they have to hear or read it at least seven times. I am sure I have written about being happy before and likely this is the second or third time but it is a good idea to do once again.

I believe being happy is a choice that we make instead of circumstances that may happen to make us happy. It is sort of the same idea as love. We choose to love and we choose to be happy. Circumstances do help make us happy however we do not have to rely on them to be happy.

The question now is what makes you happy. I know in my case it is family and friends make me happy. No matter what is going on in my life they will always give me happiness. In fact I have to say they make me happier despite what could be that may make me depressed or feeling sad. It doesn’t mean that I will be happy all the time but sure makes it a lot easier. I have had to deal with depression over the years but family has made it a lot easier to deal with. I know that a lot of people take medicine to control depression but I have never had to do so. Other words my depression has been more dealing with circumstances then having medical condition which I have to say is real good. My depression still has put me in situations where I have felt being in dark places. I have had to battle through it but I am glad that I make it back to the right side eventually. I am not sure whether a lot of people gone through this in the same way I have but it is still a battle for me sometimes.

Over the years I have had trouble when spending times in large groups of people. I am not sure whether I feel depressed or unusual in large groups. I have been aware that there is a medical condition regarding being in rooms with a lot of people but I do not know the name of it. I haven’t thought about it much either regarding whether I have a medical condition I just know that I will get through it after a little while. I am sure there are those who believe that I probably should get some help but I think it is more of a spiritual attack on me. This too I am sure some people don’t believe in either but I do. All this has made me a stronger person and helps me to be happier.

Another area for me besides family and friends that I choose to be happy is my purpose and destiny. I feel that I have found it though sometimes doubt comes in but again I will fight over it. Again I feel that my purpose and destiny is to give hope and encouragement to others. The more that I can overcome my depression the more I give others hope. I believe that not everyone has to take medicine to get over depression but a strong will and fighting over this will get me out of the dark places. I hope to that writing will help others as well. If you are a Christian like me I recommend going to your pastor or someone else that you feel comfortable to get counseling if you feel necessary to get over it. I have been fortunate that I haven’t had to though I know I could if the circumstances happened where I need assistance. So I end here saying choose being happy in whatever manner and importance to you. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment