Sunday, August 7, 2016

Look At Change




I am not sure why however maybe I think it is important to go over change. The thing about change it is something we have to deal with ongoing basis. This is true whether we have kids or because we are getting older. It can also be other people get on your back saying you should change your hair or cut your hair. People sometimes think that they are doing you a favor when it comes to change and it is not always the case however we need to embrace change anyway.

I know in my case the doctor told me I had to decrease salt and lose weight. Not always the easiest thing to do. Usually when you go to a potluck or eat out at a restaurant salt is part of the menu. You don’t always see a salt shaker but most foods have a lot of salt in them. So I have to go without some of the foods or eat a small portion of them. When I go shopping for groceries I always look at the sodium content to see whether I should buy the foods or not; all the process foods have high sodium content so I have learned to stay away from them. Having a lot of salt in my food not only makes my blood pressure go up they make my legs swell as well. Another change I have to deal with for sure. This adds on a few pounds and makes it hard for me to lose weight. The doctor has put me on water pills so hopefully help me in the long run.

So my major change in this life right now has to do with me diet and trying to lose weight. Of course it is a reason I go for walks everyday as well. I try to do other exercises during the day too. So my diet right now has to do with eating fruit, vegetables, chicken and fish. I hope this helps me lose some weight over time.

So you see my change right now has to do with the lifestyle that I live which is still primarily how I eat. Also includes getting out and about. I still have a latte in the morning but who knows how long that will last. So you see if I want to stick around longer I must deal and go with change. Something we all have to do at some time.  Again change is not easy to do but something we must do. Maybe you can find someone who is selling a tee shirt saying “Embrace Change”.


No comments:

Post a Comment