Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Living an Extraordinary Life





The truth is that you may already be living an extraordinary life and not even realize it. Do you have a successful job or career along with a good marriage then I have to say that you are already living it.

I am sure many people are living extraordinary lives without even knowing so. The truth is those who are living it do not realize that their lives are extraordinary. I would say for most extraordinary people they feel their lives are ordinary. We all have been given many talents and gifts by God however most of us use only a few of them. The extraordinary people recognize their gifts and talents using more of them on a daily basis. I am sure you know some of your gifts because you use them on a daily basis at work and at home. The important thing is finding out more of your gifts and talents. The more gifts that you have the more you will be given as well. There are likely gifts out there that are similar to the ones you are already using.

I know that we are all pretty busy in our lives so going overboard with are gifts is not necessarily going to make us less extraordinary. The importance of these talents and gifts is not for your benefit only. You are given these to help others out as well. You may have a talent that others could use or they haven’t tapped into. You may have the gift of teaching your talents to others.

Another thing you can do is take a risk. You may have thought about doing something but you don’t know whether you have a talent in that area. The only real way of knowing is going out and trying it. The truth is that you may surprise yourself. See if someone is teaching a class in it or a friend that is you know is doing it. They could teach you or that you go along with them. I remember during the summer before my sophomore year in high school I was taking a speed reading individual class at my high school. I was behind my class in reading because at four years old I had a problem with hearing. It was taken care of by the time I started school but until that class I was always behind in my reading. So much that I did not really want to read. This individual class in three weeks I was able to read beyond my grade and read at the twelfth grade level. This is only a part of this story. My brothers were taking a class learning to play tennis. This class took place right after my reading class was over so I asked my mother if I could enroll in this tennis class too. So she asked the instructor if there was room for me too and he said yes. I found out that I was comfortable playing tennis. I didn’t take it too serious or I would have gone out for the tennis team however after high school I played it almost every day for quite a few years. I had a talent in tennis that I didn’t realize and I enjoyed playing it. Becoming extraordinary all we have to do is say yes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment