Sunday, November 6, 2016

Time Change





Sunday we gain an hour of time. At least I know here in the United States and Canada. Only Arizona and Hawaii stay on the same time. So half of the year in Washington State we are on the same time as Arizona and half we are an hour behind which is what we are now. I am sure a lot of people don’t care including us. It is just something to say that can be interesting or not.

I am sure most people know the saying that allows us to remember how to turn our clocks. That saying is “spring ahead and fall back” so that is why I know that we turn our clocks back. Another thing we have some options. We can go to bed an hour later and get the same amount of sleep or go to bed the same time and get an extra hour of sleep or get up an hour earlier. I choose go to bed an hour later.

I am not sure whether I like changing the clocks or not. It is something I debate with myself twice a year. I think I prefer this time all year around. I know that originally the time was changed because of farmers and all that however I am not sure how important that is anymore. I guess I would have to ask a farmer. I know sometimes the state government legislators discuss about whether to change the time or not.

The time change now allows us to have an extra of daylight in the morning however darker earlier at night.  Whether that is good or not I am not sure of it except that it is nice to see light earlier in the morning; the problem of course is that it does get darker earlier so for many are driving home from work in the dark. I am not quite as sure why change it back in the spring too. It will be interesting if we ever do decide to keep the time the same but which one though. I guess we could have a headache just thinking about it. At least in our lives the time change is the least of our problems I think anyway. I guess we could flip a coin to see whether to or not to. If it works for American football why not for time change; I know that I am being silly now. So in that case I will conclude this most interesting post. I hope that everyone has a great day and the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment