Thursday, March 30, 2017

Loving People





When it comes to being a Christian we are called to love people even those we consider our enemies. What I find difficult are those who consider themselves Christians as well but live a lifestyle contrary to being a Christian. It is a dilemma I am sure most Christians have to live with time to time. So what we do in situations like this?

In this particular situation with this young man he lives and works in Seattle. It is the first time I ever met him and I am sure that I may never see him again. Not because of his lifestyle that I don’t agree with but that I met him through someone else. The truth is those that are close to him who don’t live the same lifestyle he does however consider themselves Christians to should let him know that his life needs to change. I am not trying to be judgmental but if you truly love another person who is not living the life like Christians are supposed to than you must. This is different than someone who lives any lifestyle that is not a Christian.

Like I say it is quite the dilemma for all of us who meet someone who is living a contrary lifestyle to being a Christian. Since the chances are that I won’t ever meet him again unless God brings us together what do I do? The answer is simple I believe and to pray for him. That God would intervene in his life and show him how much he loves him. Bring revelation that he would be much happier if he changes his lifestyle. Have friends that are fellow Christians speak into his life. These are just a few things I plan to pray for this young man and for others who struggle between faith and lifestyle. The truth is that I am and I can say most Christians struggle with on a daily basis. We all have stumbling blocks in our way that does not allow having all the freedom in Christ. So I not only ask for all of us to pray for this young man but for each other as well. We all become free through revelation and love from God to become free. We ask for forgiveness and repentance. In the end that is what we are looking for until the day we meet God face to face. Amen!   


No comments:

Post a Comment