Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Being Ourselves




 I find it hard sometimes being ourselves which is OK. Often we try to be someone we are not.

Other words we are good actors a good part of the time which is OK as well.

It is important that we discover who are real self truly is but in the meantime we can be whoever we try to be.

I find out this not only is OK to be whoever we are that others can feel the same way as well. Sometimes it may take our whole life to discover our true self.

The important thing is for our family and friends to know who we truly are or at least the closest we can be. The saying “honesty is the best policy” is a good thing to live by though not always easy to keep in practice.

The best thing to do when you wake up in the morning decide to be the person you think that you are or get as close to it as possible. Another thing is we should not take ourselves too serious. Of course this isn’t always easy because everyone is unique and we all have our own personality.

I enjoy watching people throughout my day. It is interesting to find some look serious while others do smile. I know in my case I try to smile as often as I can. I have been told before that I do look serious sometimes which in my case I prefer not to be.

The people I am most concerned about are those who look sad and unhappy. I wonder if their outward appearance shows what is inside them. I think it would be awkward to go up to them and ask “are you sad or is something wrong”. I hope someday to say something to them.

When I watch people I wonder what they are thinking and what kind of day they are having or kind of life. There are those who I see regularly so I don’t have to think too much about them. I am thinking and observing those I haven’t seen before.

Another thing I find interesting while watching people is how some of them look or have mannerisms like other people I know. I find this happens at least once a day. Although we are unique there are ways we are like others too. I often am told that I resemble someone that they know. I figure that person has to be a good one. Anyone who looks or acts like me has to be a good guy. Laughing inside right now.

It is OK to act not exactly like yourself. It does make life interesting. I enjoy life as an adventure. Along the way though discover who you are and love that person.


No comments:

Post a Comment