Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Disappointment About Travel


 The plan was tomorrow to leave for central British Columbia for a couple weeks spending time with a couple of my cousins and family however these have changed so I have to postpone the trip. I am sure other people have had to postpone trips before for various reasons.

For me this is the first time I have ever had to postpone a trip. In this case it is beyond what I can do. The reason for the postponement they are having wild fires in the area and some families have to evacuate. Fortunately my cousins don’t have to evacuate however it is hard to get to their place because some of the roads are closed. So you see why I am disappointed not be able to make this trip at this time.

This is the first time in fourteen years that they have problems with wild fires.  In eastern Washington most years they have to fight wild fires. Some of the fires come because people are reckless while other times it has to do with lightning. Right now they have fires in southeastern Washington and northeastern Oregon. They have firefighters that come in from different parts of the country including Western Washington. Depending on the size of the fire they could be fighting them for a couple months or longer.

So at this point not sure when I will be able to make the trip to British Columbia. It may be sometime in September or have to wait until next spring. So now what I may do is to take small trips around Western Washington. There are plenty of places to see around here. I can visit Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains, the Pacific Ocean and a number of other places. Anyway I will have to make a plan. I hope whatever plans you have they will work themselves out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment