Friday, November 10, 2017

Seeing Old Friends


Friday for lunch I am going to see classmates that I grew up with. Many of them I haven’t seen in a long time and those I have recently it hasn’t been that often. I am not sure how many plan to come however I will feel very honored and special to see them.

We know that growing up we didn’t get along with everyone in our class or school however in Gig Harbor we had only a few elementary schools, one junior high and high school at the time. Now Gig Harbor has two high schools and I think three or it could be four middle schools along with more elementary schools.

So you see whether we went to the same elementary school or not we did go to school from junior high and on depending who moved into the area. Even those that came along during high school feel very special to me and others as well. Only a few see each other on a regular basis.

We all look forward to find out how things have been going on in all these years beginning with families and memories of those years together will be nice as well. The last time I had one of those I found out some things that I didn’t know about and I know others felt the same way.  

One of my classmates Anne has spent a lot of time in London. In fact she spent time in London in October so it will be interesting to hear her stories though I have heard some on social media. Most of my classmates that I will be seeing I hear about their lives through social media; it certainly a good way to keep up to date with them.

I know to that this won’t be your ordinary lunch time including how much time involved and a lot of laughter. No matter how many people I have met and  friends since childhood there still nothing as special as those you grew up with. I am sure most of us would agree with it. So whenever a reunion happens be sure to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment