Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Wet Saturday




We had quite a wet Saturday here in western Washington. I was surprised to find out we didn’t get even an inch of rain because we had some times where it came down very heavy. I know because I was out in it while helping church youth group selling Christmas Trees to raise money for themselves. All the money goes to charity because the tree farm that they come from gives their proceeds to a couple charities while the youth group takes the money they receive to help them out for the year. I enjoy helping a good cause besides meeting people. Some I remember from past years and new ones as well. It is really nice to hear their stories and I enjoy seeing the children as well.

The good news is that Sunday and Monday it is supposed to be cloudy which we have a  lot of those days especially during the winter however the sun is supposed to be out the rest of next week plus partly on the weekend as well. This is always good news to hear. Everyone seems to have an attitude change when the sun comes out.

The amazing part I find when it does rain like it did on Saturday a lot of people don’t dress appropriate for it. Other words you think it was summer here instead. You could say people want to dress how they feel comfortable. I wear my rain jacket for these six months where it rains more often than not. My jacket is yellowish green so when I am out walking the drivers can spot me without a problem.

I figure that life has to go on no matter the weather. With this rain it is nice to see other people indoors as well whether they are shopping or stopping for a cup of coffee. I really enjoy seeing the young children. I get entertained just by watching others and wondering about their lives.  I find some that easy to talk with while others are not that interested in sharing theirs. I figure that I am an open cover probably a good reason to write this blog as much as anything.

The important thing for me is to share my story to help others in their story. Since we have to live on this planet we must do the best we can and use the gifts and talents God has given us. I enjoy using my humor to the fullest as well. So I end it right here to say for all of us to press on to do the calling of the Lord he has given us to do. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment