Friday, March 16, 2018

Compassion





These days I find it rare that people have compassion for others or at least that is how they come across sometimes. There are issues like gun control that people are strong on both sides that they don’t seem to feel for the young people who are stuck in the middle.

I am not saying that I am perfect when it comes to compassion however I do know how people feel. If you feel compassion than I salute you very much so we need more like you.

I can’t say those that feel strong about a particular issue they don’t have the right to feel that way however the rights of those who think differently than they do should be taken seriously as well.

In the Bible first Corinthians chapter thirteen describes what love is and one of them is to protect. I am sure there are a lot of people who are members of the NRA or stand up for the 2nd amendment believe that guns are a part of protection which I believe is true however those who want gun control feel that there has to be a way to keep guns out of the hands of those shooters. Of course I have heard those that say guns don’t kill people it is people that kill people and that is a true statement but this is where I don’t see compassion. There has to be an answer that both sides can live with.

I could go on and on about this issue but I won’t because I am in the middle of the issue however important to show compassion to those that don’t agree with you.

So the next time you see someone that you know doesn’t agree with you on any issue give them a big hug. Don’t do it because you want to sway them to your side but do it because it is the right thing to do. Also give hugs to those that agree with you too. Let compassion ring wherever you go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment