Friday, June 15, 2018

Looking Back a Month





We all have times we look back on in our memories. Some of those times can be difficult situations we have dealt with and other times we have sweet memories about.

It is hard to believe it already has been a month since my mother and I went up spent a week with my cousins Rob, Susan and Christy. I spent time at both Christy and Susan’s places while my mother was at Christy’s. She did go over to Susan’s to help leave me off and see her. This happened the day after my birthday. Rob lives about five hours from Christy’s so he spent three days himself at hers.

I spent two and half days on the ranch that Susan and her husband David own. I was able to ride a horse that I hadn’t done since I was ten years old. I wasn’t even sure how it would even go before getting on the horse. I was surprised how wonderful it was to ride and how well I was able to ride. It happened beyond my expectations and I look forward to riding a horse again in the future. Also I was able to call out the cows as well moving them from one pasture to another. It was a bit harder since cows are not that bright and don’t listen very well. It was really nice to have two days living like a rancher. I learned a lot about it from David as well. I returned to Christy’s for two more days before driving back home. The temperatures were hotter than normal for May so had to adjust to them. I certainly didn’t mind the hotter weather except when driving. We did have the air conditioning on to help out though. Up in British Columbia there aren’t a lot of places to stop for rest though better than five years when I was up there last. Not many shady spots either to help with the stops.

The time up in British Columbia not only allowed me to try something new like riding a horse I was able to spent some time reflecting on the gifts and talents that I have. Also has allowed me to be energized to get back to sharing my gifts. I have mentioned before that we all at times need to take breaks to focus on what is important. Often getting a way to a different place helps us to focus and know what is important. We all should do that on a regular basis especially when we get run down physically or emotionally. Always good to share with others where you are at in this moment. It is important to share the victories long with some defeats.

So look back to the last month and further to remember the good things along with some bad moments as well. The importance is to learn and be encouraged. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment