Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Hello October


Like clockwork on Monday here in Western Washington we had rain.  We said goodbye to September where we had wonderful weather with temperatures at times higher than normal.

October here is the beginning of the raining season which can last until March. With climate change it is hard to tell whether we will have more or less rain. In recent years we have record rainfall during this period. This is the complete opposite of summer where we have had hotter weather.

Though we know the rain is coming after several months of no rain it does take a little adjustment to get used to. I can see that in the way people drive. Hard for them to change the way they drive.

This time of the year people change the way they act as well. With a long period of rain people can get moody. Frustration starts sticking. The only thing keeps some people going is the holiday season coming up. Here we have the stores selling stuff for Halloween since the beginning of September. We should see things for Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up soon. Someone told me yesterday their house is already decorated for Christmas except no tree yet. I know some who would enjoy Christmas all year long. Actually here in Gig Harbor the Christmas lights are on all year long down on the waterfront except for the Christmas tree.

I try to make every day as close to the same as I can possibly in the way I live no matter the time of the year. Not an easy thing to accomplish though. I do like surprises too.

Something has to be different though. I enjoy watching people well as talking to them. I especially do with children. I want to encourage them even if it is with a smile or saying hello in a positive way.

The whole thing about this time of the year it feels like it will go by real quick. I heard someone say that yesterday January will be here real soon.

I just hope we get some snow this winter for a change here in Gig Harbor. It has been a while since we have had a lot. In the last few years the snow has only been an inch or two at the most. I am sure many are fine with it but I like to see five or six inches plus sticking around for several days. Usually snow comes then leaves in a hurry. We don’t get it very many times during the winter either; most of the time I have to go up to the mountains to get my fill of snow.

Whatever happens in October where you are at enjoy it to the fullest and show others how it is done too. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment