Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Seeing Locally


I believe if part of your purpose is to travel doing so locally is a good idea as well.

Tuesday I decided go to Port Orchard, Washington which is only about 15 miles north of Gig Harbor where I live. I have gone by their several times on the highway but this time intentionally.

What makes these types of trips interesting you never know what to expect. I had planned to stop in a particular coffee shop for a few minutes. My plans didn’t quite work out the way I had intended it to go. The reason they had road construction going on through where I had exited. Originally I was going to take the exit before that one but thought why don’t I try this one. Changing your mind can get you into trouble some times.

Anyway I made my way through the construction. Actually I was surprised they let me through. I wasn’t able to go all the way on the road and had to make a detour. This is where I got into unfamiliar territory and why I couldn’t find the coffee shop. I should have a better time finding it the next time I go since I will take the exit I originally intended to take however it did make the time interesting.

Is there a moral to the story? Try it once but forget it the next time unless you want to see update on the construction. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment