Thursday, February 28, 2019

Good Bye February

Here in Western Washington a lot of people are saying goodbye to February we are glad you are leaving. The reason is in mid-February we had a large amount of snow dump on us.  Here in Gig Harbor, we had at least a foot of snow depending on where you lived.

I enjoyed the snow coming because we hadn’t had snow like this for several years. We have a lot of hills so many people were not able to leave their homes or at least they didn’t try to anyway. I, fortunately, don’t live on a hill though I would have tried to go anyway.

I remember about fifteen years ago or so when we had snow I had problems getting out going to work. I was living at a place that wasn’t flat though not real steep though. My tires would spin so I was going nowhere without shoveling the snow or assistance in pushing the car. One of my neighbors came out giving me assistance so I was able to get to work. 

I, fortunately, lived near the grocery store so I walked to get food on a couple occasions which I was fine with. I figured it was something I had to deal with to have snow.

I actually had more trouble driving in the snow when it was melting and having to walk in water in the process. So I thought February was a good month in all. Although I could have gone without the cold wind.

Another thing though it is something to talk with people about as well. Finding out the experience they went through. Those of you who have snow every winter I wish I could live in your shoes more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment