Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saying Goodbye





Whether they are friends or acquaintances I find it interesting when they move and I have to say goodbye.

My neighbor of four years moved from Washington State to Michigan. She has a friend in Michigan that she would like to be closer to and her daughter is going to college in New York. She didn’t want to move to New York but wanted to be closer to where her daughter is.

Before coming to Washington State she lived in Arizona. Her parents live in Oregon and they have a ranch. Her dog Amber she decided to leave with her parents where she can roam.

Anyway to say all that I hope someday I hope to see her again. I am sure the chances are not great here unless her daughter decides to come back to Washington. Neither of them is attached to the area other than some friends.

I figure I may have to go to Michigan or see her while I travel the country someday.   I am sure the odds are great against it but you never know.

This is what our purpose and destiny are all about seeing people and being involved in their lives even for a period of time. In September a reunion is already planned to see those I used to go to church with. Some will be there that I see at my current church or I run into them once in a while around town while others I haven’t seen for quite some time or not since we were in church together. 

I feel these people are still family though we don’t have a relationship going on regularly. When we see each other it will bring back great times and memories; much in the same way when I see those, I went to school with.

I figure the most important thing is for us to spend time with people as often as we can because we have no idea how long the time will last. All these people have a place in my heart in one fashion or another. I am sure you have a lot of people in the same boat.

We are blessed when we have friends where we have spent time with for many years or even more so a lifetime. Enjoy as you can. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment