Saturday, October 12, 2019

Visiting British Columbia


Growing up I visited British Columbia, Canada several times because my grandmother lived there along with my Uncle Bob, Aunt Joan, and three cousins Rob, Susan, and Christy. 

I am sure most people are familiar with Vancouver and Victoria. Vancouver was where my grandmother and Uncle Bob with family lived. Vancouver is quite a large city now with several million people. I have been there several times as an adult as well.

My sister Barb lived in Port Moody for several years before moving to Quebec. Port Moody is a small city near Vancouver. It has been a while since I visited there but I found it is a very nice place. I am sure it has grown a lot since my sister lived there.

I have been to Victoria a few times. My cousin Rob was married in Victoria, and my Aunt Judy who lived in Montreal when I was growing up retired near Victoria.  I have friends who visit Victoria on a regular basis, at least once a year. My mother says Victoria is more British than England.

My cousins Susan and Christy each live in the Williams Lake area of British Columbia. They both taught school in Williams Lake. I saw Williams Lake last year for the first time though I had been in the area a couple other occasions.

They call the Williams Lake area as part of the Caribou. A good area with lots of lakes, and rivers; it looks a lot like Western Washington.

Cousin Rob lives a bit further east in Vernon, British Columbia. A very nice area as well, and part of the Okanagan; I spent several days at Rob’s some time back. For those who like to ski, there is Silver Star Mountain Resort nearby.

In the gospel of Matthew chapter 22 verse 9 to go to the highways and as many as you can find invite them to the Wedding Feast. I figure for many that should be part of our purpose. So while you travel where your destination is inviting people. Amen!


                                                Susan's House

No comments:

Post a Comment