Saturday, November 16, 2019

Meeting New People




I am sure you already know I enjoy meeting new people. I try to almost every day.

Friday I met a mother Katie and her son Ryan when getting my haircut at the barbershop. Katie first said after the hellos that Ryan wanted to know my name. I told them my name is Herb. He was a bit shy when I asked for his name so Katie game his name and then hers when I asked.

I am not sure how it came in the conversation but she said that she was born in Ottawa Canada then moved to Georgia when she was eight. She and her family have been here for five years I think anyway.

I told Katie that my sister Barb lives in Quebec. She said that her grandparents live in Quebec just over the bridge from Ottawa. What an amazing deal since that is where my sister lives.

What are the odds that you meet someone you know where they were born and you have family who lives nearby. Barb worked in Ottawa before retiring this year. Of course, she still goes to Ottawa for visits since it is a short drive. It is like me going to Tacoma just cross the Narrows Bridge and I am there.

I think that is the exciting part of our life purpose God has given us to meet new people, finding out a bit of their history. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment