Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Washington Snowpack

I was thinking to check to see how the snowpack looked
in the Cascade Mountains in Washington State

Though we have had below average rainfall in Gig
Harbor in February many areas have had above
average rain so I knew the mountains would have
a lot.

Just a couple of days ago Mt. Rainier had 30 inches
of snow in one day. Those that track the snowpack
say we are at 91% of the record amount when usually
we are around 75% this time of February.

I always get a kick because they say it looks like
we are probably not going to have a drought this
summer. Though it has happened we don't usually
have a drought though they seem to worry about
it ever year.

It does seem like we have had climate change here
over the last several years compared to what it was
like when I was a kid.

We haven't had the snow that I remember here
 in Gig Harbor when I was a kid. Often what we
remember back in the day isn't often what it really
 was happening.

Other areas of Western Washington had a good
snowfall about a month ago but we got barely
anything. I was reading recently we have been
averaging two inches of snow a year. Not much
that is for sure. Although we didn't get a lot on
 average back in the day of being a kid it certainly
 had to be double the amount we are getting now.

We had a few times where we had around ten inches
of snow in one snowfall. I miss those times though
a lot of people don't like driving in the snow.

It makes me think of life in general where we have
to think about changes happening in our lives. We
have change and certainly young people do. The
young people are growing up so fast these days.

So let your purpose influence others no matter
what generation they are. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment