Sunday, May 17, 2020

It's My Birthday

Here it is again my birthday on May 17. Like so
many other things right now it will be different
than the usual.

This morning my church is going to have a
drive-in service. Each car will be  six feet
apart for those who need to open their
windows.  We won't be able to get out of
our cars. So have to prepare not to go to
the bathroom.

This year will be different since it will be
the first time without my mother. It is like
so many other things especially holidays
with her passing in March.

Saturday I took my triple to Port Angeles.
I took several pictures which I will show
in a few days here.

It didn't rain on the way, however, it did
on the return. I was planning to visit a
couple spots on the way back but decided
to skip because of the hard rain. They will
be on my next agenda when going.

Did have a good view of the Olympic
Mountains behind Port Angeles. There
is a spit I had never been to on my other
trips to the area. In fact, I didn't even
know it was a spit.

Without the spit Port Angeles would be
right on the sea. The spit protects the
city. The ferry isn't going to Victoria,
British Columbia right now so I was
able to take a picture of the ferry at
dock. There were a few ships nearby
as well.

It take about one hundred minutes to
drive to Port Angeles from my town
of Gig Harbor. Heading west 15 miles
on highway 101 is the entrance of
the Olympic National Park.

This summer I will take a longer day
by visiting a portion of the park. I did
go to Lake Crescent. made from a
glacier thousands of years ago. A
beautiful place to see.

Enjoy your day. I do hear you singing
happy birthday. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment