Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Change Our Diet

Getting older is not an easy thing to do
we find out. Actually being old is the
problem which I don't have to worry
about for several more years. At least
I hope so anyway.

My mom worked into being old very
gracefully. She died in March in a good
way to falling asleep for the last few
days.  She was 99 and a half so almost
made it to that special number of one
hundred. 

Mom did well until about 96 when 
several falls were probably her undoing.
The thing though she kept on going. 
Often those in her age bracket one fall
is what ends it all. 

Her memory the last couple years or 
so was not like mom at all. She remembered
some things but had trouble with others.
She could still live a pretty good life though.

So continue on the story while getting older
we have to start changing our diet. Some
refuse which is everyone's right to do so 
though not easy.

I know I have to change my diet to a degree.
Cut out the meat for the most part. I plan to
go on a vegetable diet. 

Thing is some vegetables I can't have and
they happen to be my favorites. Other ones
I can have I don't really like. Right now I 
have cereal or eggs for breakfast while having
a salad for lunch. 

I like tomatoes so I can throw them in with the
salad or eat a few for dinner. I figure dinner 
will be my light meal.  

I am not sure exactly what I will have for dinner
though I may have soup on occasion. The problem
with many soups they have too much salt which
I have to watch as well. So I look for soup with
low sodium. Not something I will have regularly
but on occasion as I said.

It will be interesting to see how this works out.
There are a few vegetables I like where I can
chop them up. So let's see how this diet works 
out. Amen!

😃   


No comments:

Post a Comment