Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Trip To The Coast

I found my trip to the Washington Coast interesting
to say the least. The weather turned out to be all kinds.

Other than no snow started out from my home in Gig
Harbor as a little drizzle. Most of the two hour trip
to the coast it was overcast with an occasional sunbreak.

I thought will this isn't too bad to have, however, when
I got to Ocean Shores it became very windy. I was able 
to get out to take a few pictures. 

The regular road turned into dirt and sand. I didn't go 
to the beach as far as a few others did. For one thing 
I didn't want the car to get stuck. So I did walk to the
edge of the ocean beach. Not at Ocean Shores, however,
another location a little further north on highway 109.


This picture as you see it was cloudy along with the wind.

Going north it rained really hard and it was getting dark at 11 am.
Also, hailed along the way. I wondered if I could stop and take any
more pictures. Fortunately the rain stopped and became clear for
a few months near Pacific Beach. 

I figured I would be alone, however, a couple of other cars followed
me in. I guess I wasn't the only crazy person. Not a lot of people out
doing what I was at the time.



A much better picture of the Pacific Ocean along the Washington Coast.

Early afternoon the sun did come out but I was ready to head home. Primarily
I was hungry and there were not many places I could see to stop to eat on the
coast. There were several hotels in Ocean Shores and some new homes just
near Pacific Beach. 

So I stopped in at Taco Bell when I got back to Aberdeen. It is about a half
hour drive to Ocean Shores on highway 109. You can also take highway 101
however, it by passes Ocean Shores along with Pacific Beach and Moclips.

I did go a bit further passed Moclips but there was a sign you had to turn back
or take the road which goes up to highway 101. I took that road without really
knowing what it was other than it was getting me to 101. Not many travelers on
that road. I believe the turn back was because of covid-19. Local residences could
go but not visitors. 

Ten miles south of Aberdeen I stopped at Lake Sylvia. It was a place my dad took
my younger brother Jack and I a couple time when we took trips with him to 
Aberdeen on business. It is a lovely lake though it isn't like I remember so much.



                                               Lake Sylvia with a bridge in the background





                                                    Lake Sylvia the other direction




The weather was nice at Lake Sylvia as you can see; however, I could tell
it had rained a little before I arrived. The road was wet and water dripping
down among the trees.

It was a wonderful trip, however, I would say it would have been better
to have come in the summer or in September or in the spring. I will do so
next time for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment