Friday, December 11, 2020

Let It Rain

Here in Western Washington we are
expecting a lot of rain through Christmas.

 January, March, October, November and
December when we most of our rain. These
five months it averages about five inches  per 
month. Also, it is 61 percent of our rainfall.

During the summer is our dry spell. June
through September we have five inches
total. September has half of that total. 
Usually takes place in the second half
of September. June has a little over an
inch of rain while July is very little and
August just under  an inch.

So that is my history lesson on rain here
in Western Washington. Want to travel
here the best time is July through the 
middle of September are the best odds.

As you can imagine we look forward to
the sun coming out whenever it can this
time of the year. 

On Thursday I was talking with my cousin
Christy on the phone who lives in the middle
of British Columbia. She told me they have
six inches of snow which is below their average.
It is old snow as well. We would consider six
inches of snow a lot here. 

Now that we are having rain for the next couple
of weeks or so I expect Christy lives they will
start having new snow.

It would be nice to have a White Christmas,
however, the odds are against it. I only remember
once when it snowed on Christmas. 

I do remember another time in 1974 where 
we had snow the day after Christmas. So to
have a white Christmas we have to go to the 
mountains or somewhere else. My dreams 
still is to have a White Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment