Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Finding Our Purpose

When it comes to our life purpose
often it may be years for us to find
or a better term discover our purpose.

I have to be honest it took me many
years to find my purpose. Though I
became a Christian when I was 17
years old I didn't know I had a
purpose or say God had more for
me than I realized. 

I knew that I was serving God and
that Jesus Christ loved me for he
died on the cross for my sins. I 
didn't know there was more for me
to do.

I ended up taking classes in what
was called spiritual gifts along with
spiritual warfare. It was there I 
discovered God had more for me
and I am in a spiritual warfare with
Satan who not only doesn't want me
to act in spiritual gifts but for me to
distracted in doing so.

I started writing in this blog shortly
after that about our life purpose. We
all have more to do then we realize.
We have natural gifts and talents along
with spiritual gifts. Our natural gifts 
and talents we use on a daily basis
while spiritual gifts are used when
the opportunity arises. 

There are some spiritual gifts you
likely use more often than others.
For example, God often speaks to
me what I am going to write here
in this blog. I would have to say
he is doing so right now. In part
he is using me to let you know 
there is more to your life than you
know it. I applaud those who are
living their lives with purpose and
using their spiritual gifts to help 
others. 

One spiritual gift I have been told
by several people that I have the
gift of wisdom. I come from a 
family that is very intellectual 
and I fall into that myself though
like the rest of the family we don't
really let people know or we don't
boost anyway. I am saying this
only because God has given me
wisdom, however, I only use it
once in a while when God says
it is the  time. Actually I don't
even know I giving wisdom until
it actually happens.

In my church we have a ministry
team where we speak into peoples
lives about their purpose and another
word for it is God's original design
for our lives. 

We pray for an individual
where a team of three to five us are
giving them words about purpose gave
them when they were created. Each
person gives the individual prayed for
what we feel is their purpose. We let
them know this what we feel their 
purpose is and whether they believe
it is so. 

We each write down two
or more what we feel is their purpose.
Some times as a group we may have
one or two gifts or talents that match
up together or not. We ask the person
to pray over what we have given them
and see on their own it is true. We ask
them to put the paper in a spot like the
refrigerator where they can see it on
a daily basis so when they want to be
reminded of their purpose they will 
see it.

Our prayer time doesn't end with what
their purpose and original design we 
deal with one stronghold that hinders
them from living to their purpose in
the way God wants them to do. The
stronghold deals with an event or
something else that we go over with
to get rid of. We can call that spiritual
warfare as well. 

As a group we each write down what 
we think it might be the stronghold
and the leader of the group sees what
 they feel is the one to deal with that 
evening. We don't get to any hocus 
pocus we ask the person we are praying 
if they believe what we are saying is
true. 

We don't get into it to deep unless
the person wants to. We ask them to
identify the stronghold and the situation
that causes the stronghold. We then ask
them to forgive the person or persons 
causing the stronghold. We don't have
to know the person name other than maybe
a parent, a childhood friend or etc.
After that we pray for restoration and
after that a blessing upon them.  

I hope in the future when I go traveling
I will be able to meet people who I can
give them their life purpose and original
design. I don't plan on praying for a 
stronghold unless they ask me to. I may
just ask them what is going in their life
and anything I can pray for.

So I hope this helps everyone here have
a better understanding of our purpose God
has given us. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment