Thursday, July 14, 2022

Election Process

On Wednesday night  I  went  to my first
debate in person for elected position.  I 
found it quite fascinating. 

This was for Pierce County  council 
position 7 the district I live in. The debate
was between  the four republican  candidates. 
I  personally  know one of the candidates but
I wanted  to be informed  and see those who
are running. 

Looking  at the democratic party there is
only one candidate  running.  August 2 is
the primary and whoever has the most 
votes for Republicans will run against the 
Democrat. 

At the beginning the point was who do you
think has the best shot at  beating the Democrat
in the general  election which is a good point.
I have no idea how many democrats are in the
district  compared to republicans.

The major point was who will fight for the
people in the Gig Harbor  area as most of 
the residents  are in Tacoma and the other 
out lying areas of Pierce County.  Gig Harbor 
is separated  from the rest of  the county by
the Tacoma Narrows  Bridge.  

I could go on and  on , however I  thoroughly 
enjoyed the  debate and the thought process 
for what will help the community  I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment