Thursday, July 7, 2022

Safety

These days safety is a big concern 
here in the United States.

For two decades we have had mass
gun shootings primarily at schools. 
Those who are pro guns seem to me
don't want to put any limitations on
gun control or sales. President Biden
passed a bill on gun control. I haven't 
really looked at to see whether the  
best solution or not. 

Of course, since the beginning of 2020 
we have had covid-19.  At the beginning 
the government stopped jobs that were 
not considered essential.  I am glad that 
is all done with. I am not sure wearing  
masks have been a good idea or not. I am 
not sure they work anyway though I guess
could say something is better than nothing.
Social distancing, I thought was good 
though now nothing is mentioned about it
anymore.

Now Roe vs Wade recently was overturned 
by the Supreme Court.  Again, a political 
hotbed. Those who were making money 
on abortions are upset. The ruling has
the abortions go to the States instead of
a national deal. Unfortunately, the leadership 
of my state Washington is prochoice which I 
am against. 

I don't really understand the young adults in
this country is so much for abortion.  I guess
they have lived with it all their lives and feel 
that women have the choice. I look at teenage 
girls who have abortions. Are they really in a place
to make a hard decision or are pressured in doing
so. Also, young adults many of there would be 
friends or family have been killed. Yes, they may
think it as a procedure but these preforms have
been killed. I can understand have a right to choose 
but this beyond that. 

I am sure there are other safety issues that I can't 
think of right now but those are the big three. I hope
we don't have to deal with many more. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment