Sunday, August 7, 2022

Sunday Past

When I  was eleven or twelve my brothers 
and I  decided to walk home from church
instead of sticking  around while was
having coffee  and chatting. 

My older brother  Dick was taller then
my younger brother  Jack and I. Dick
had long legs and walked fast. So Jack 
and I  had to run to stay up with him.

The trip home was about three miles,
however mom usually  picked us up
about the half way mark depending 
on how long she stayed  to chat.

The half way  mark we were on the 
waterfront. Most of it was flat though 
we did have to go downhill. This lasted
probably  a couple years. Of course,
it depended on the weather.

High school  all three of us joined the
church choir and stayed after as we
would chat with  those we were in class
with. 

What great  memories  walking around 
the harbor  after church. Makes me think
of it when I  walk now. ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment