Thursday, December 8, 2022

Christmas Eve Past

I am sure most of us have stories
of Christmas  or holidays  passed.

Wednesday  night  I  went to church
home group for our only gathering 
in December. Most people  will be
gone or getting  for Christmas in
two weeks. Those of us available  
will go out to gather together.

We had dinner together  in the
host home. After dinner we sang 
worship songs including a couple 
Christmas  hymns.

We sang Silent  Night as one of the
hymns. I  shared after the song
a memory  where my Father went
to church  with me. Mom had gone
earlier  singing in the choir.

This was a couple  years before his
passing.  Anyway  we heard growing
Mom and Dad had song in a community 
choir. Dad had pneumonia and never sang
after that, however,  this night he sang
Silent  Night. The only time  I ever heard
him sing. He sounded wonderful and 
brought tears to my eyes. Christmas Day
over the phone I let my sister and two 
brothers know that dad had sang.

This is something  in my heart I will
never forget.  ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment