Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Boxing Day

Boxing Day was founded on December 26, 1663 
so as you see it has been around for a long
time. It took place in Great Britain originally 
and then the other countries  in the commonwealth 
celebrated as well. They would be Canada, 
Australia, and New Zealand that I  know of.
Though I  am  American  my mother  was born
and raised in Canada so for about 60 years 
she had family and friends over each year
to celebrate Boxing Day. 

It was a big deal for mom to  celebrate  Boxing 
Day and her life as a Canadian before coming 
to United States in her early 20s. Besides family,
she would invite friends over. She would make the
same dishes each year like spiced beef and 
scalloped potatoes. Everyone  found it to be
honor to be invited and come over since she
put so much into it.

I am not sure how others celebrate Boxing Day 
but if it is like my mother's they have a grand 
time. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment