Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve Memories

Whether they are recent or 
long ago we all have memories 
from  Christmas  Eve pasts. 

I remember from childhood 
as a youngster where Christmas 
Eve felt like a very long day
and especially  night. I had 
long nights hard to get to sleep 
waiting  for Santa Claus  to
deliver presents and having
to wait to open presents.

On Christmas  after unwrapping 
and seeing what we received the
family would drive to  our cousins,
Aunt and  Uncle in Seattle  where
we would unwrap more presents 
and having dinner.

Older in high school I  would  be 
in church choir where we stay
up late and go to church singing
carols in the service until midnight.

When my sister got married  right
before I  graduated from high school 
we would go to my brother-in-law 
parents place for some time on
Christmas  day to play games and
have dinner. This included a few
years when my sister and brother-
in-law had two  sons.

My sister and brother-in-law ended
up moving to Quebec so one year
for Christmas. It was a good time
visiting them , however it was foggy
and took us us three days to leave
Seattle. In fact we had to fly out of
Boeing field since Seattle-Tacoma 
International Airport was still fogged
in. We first flew to Dallas then to 
Montreal. 

Those are a few of many Christmas 
Eve memories  I have had. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment