Saturday, February 3, 2024

Physical Fitness

An area of our life we need to  
do  more of the older we get 
is physical  fitness. 

Depending  how much time 
you have in a day it is good 
to get some exercise  in every 
day.

Recommended  is at least 20 
minutes of  walking.  You can
do that around your neighborhood.
A good idea to do a little  stretching 
before you go out.

Another thing is to do some jumping
jacks or situps or push-ups. You 
don't  need to do the type  you did
as a child.  You don't  have to spend
a lot of time on it. If you have some
weights and they  don't have to be
heavy either do a few lifting of them
to. 

I know not everyone  enjoys going
to the gym or have the time. So
doing so at home is ok.

Another part of health is eating. It
is recommended to eat the most
at breakfast and lunch. The reason
you use more energy  during the
day and not so much in the evening 
so have a light dinner. If you have 
a good size meal at dinner time
then I  recommend  doing your 
exercises in the evening.

I know a lot of people  like adding
salt to your meal  if it doesn’t have
a lot in it. I personally  don't add
salt and I  have learned to go without. 

Also with salt  don't  eat out often
since most restaurants add a lot of
salt to their food. It is ok to take
some of the food home with you
too. You can eat it the next day or
even two. Recommend  having a 
salad in your meal out too. I would
stay away  from soup since most 
have a lot of salt in them even those
that indicate  low sodium.

Want to have soup I  would say make
your own and limit the salt. Another
thing to look at every food you buy
outside of fruit  and  vegetables on
the content. It will  tell you how many 
calories as well as sodium and sugar.
You have to be careful  since it will be
by serving. For example, bread is listed
by each piece. Most don't have a lot of
sodium however I  look for seven to ten
percent. That is out of the daily requirement.

One last thing if you are a few pounds 
overweight or excessive I would look 
at your legs. If they look a bit swollen 
means you need to cut down your sodium
for sure. It means  that  you  have  fluids
being caused by sodium stored inside.
With less sodium you could easily lose
15 pounds in ten days to three weeks.
Another is to drink more water and fruit
or vegetables.  I try to have fruit in the
afternoon or evening or both. 

My trouble is I store fluid very  easily  so
I have to take medication as well.  I  would
start with water first and less salt to see 
how it goes. I hope you enjoy these tips.
❤️❤️❤️❤️





No comments:

Post a Comment