Friday, November 22, 2013

three musketeers final chapter


Our final destination was going down the east coast as far as Plymouth, MA.. Leaving Halifax we went to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia to catch a ferry to Bar Harbor, Maine, however, on the way we had four flat tires. I don’t remember if they were all on trailer or the car.  It shows the strength of   my mother having three young boys who never had changed a tire, and our elderly grandmother. Amazingly we made the ferry on time.  Mother gave Dick a half seasick pill thinking he would get sick instead he fell asleep on the ferry while Jack and I ran all over the ferry, and had a grand time.  Before arriving in Bar Harbor, mother had to walk him around the ferry to wake up. We saw the ship the “Constitution” and the Plymouth Rock, which turned out to be a big disappointment to the musketeers.  Reading history about the pilgrims we thought the rock would be much larger than it was.  In fact when returning to Gig Harbor I was able to tell the other students in history class I walked on the “Constitution”. While in Boston saw Bunker Hill and many of the other history sites plus Fenway Park which was a big deal for me.   The camp site we stayed over at there were other kids my age so I had really good time playing with them. Mother said that when I returned I talked with a Boston accent, however, only lasted a short time.  We than headed back to Montreal, we spent another week before heading back home. Grandmother flew from Montreal back to Vancouver, and our sister, Barb, traveled back with us to Gig Harbor. I am not sure exactly when this occurred on the trip, however, we visited French River, Ontario. It was quite the experience because we found man hungry mosquitoes. We had never seen mosquitoes before, and not so large that I still remember the experience.  I didn’t know a creature would love my blood so much.  We did not stay long. Traveling home we did take a slight different route going down and through Minnesota, however, back up into Canada at Winnipeg, Manitoba. That summer the three musketeers grew up a lot. It would be an experience I would love to do over and over again.

I hope you enjoyed reading about our trip. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment