Wednesday, December 18, 2013

reflect and more


Like the Geico camel says it is hump day.   Also, amazing to think that Christmas is one week away, and New Year’s is only two weeks away.   I think in generally 2013 has been a good year for me. I am currently out of work; however, I am looking forward to what 2014 will bring. It is really allowing me to enjoy writing this blog, and I expect that you are enjoying reading it too.  In 2013 several students I went to Peninsula High School with died.  Also, my cousin Molly died as well as Russell Clark who I consider a mentor, spiritual father, family, and a close friend. They are all close to my heart along with all the others that I have known have died in prior years.

In sports the Seattle Seahawks are having a very special year. They currently have the best record in the NFL, and are favored to win the Super Bowl. What I find really encouraging is the coach Pete Carroll preaches to the players at practice that if they play the game the way he tells them that they cannot lose.  I believe if we life our lives in the same manner we will be successful.  In the Bible, the book of proverbs speaks about wisdom and discipline. In I Corinthians 13 speaks about what love is, and in the final verse says that there is faith, hope, and love, and love is the greatest.  So I know for me I want to grow in wisdom, discipline, faith, hope, and especially love. I want to show them through this blog as well.

Anyway, enjoy your day, and the time up to Christmas. Love much!

No comments:

Post a Comment