Friday, February 28, 2014

Freedom of Speech


First of all it is amazing that we are finishing off the second month of the year, and I hope everyone is still doing well in regards to your changes of life.

Recently on CBS this Morning they had a report of media being jailed in Egypt, and not have the rights of freedom of speech. The people trying to get them released.

It let me think about freedom of speech in the USA.  Our media still does have the right of freedom of speech; however, it does not apply to social media. If you write about social injustice or against the government as long you are not threatening the President of United States most likely you will not spend any time in jail, however, does not guarantee it because we are not under the same protection. Though we may not serve time in jail we could lose our job.

Losing your job would not only apply to social issues but could apply to any thing you write so it is very important to think first before writing anything that includes to friends and family. Just was ruled the government cannot view text message without a warrant, however, if you send it out publicly it is fair game. Other word’s if I text message you the government cannot view the message, however, if we send the message to others especially say the police they can. Unless you know that sending a message to just one other person I would watch what you say; even than I would be smart about it.


Even beyond writing I think it is very important that we watch what we say as well. All words could come back and haunt us. This is the reason that I want to lift others up. Also, when I share things about my life or my family life I am real careful. I hope this helps everyone out. Have a great weekend, and I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment