Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Moving Up


Today Wednesday February 5, 2014 the Seahawks and the northwest had their parade to celebrate the winning of the Super Bowl; the very first one for the team. They estimated over 700,000 people were on the streets.  At the end of the parade they had a rally at Century Link field which was full, along with additional people in Safeco Field. I didn’t go but I did see on TV.  I thought the noise was loud at the games but the people didn’t disappoint they sounded louder today.

Coach Pete Carroll and the players said that this is only the beginning.  More and more I learn about being a champion there never is an end to it.

We are all excited in the northwest but being a true champion it begins with being humble, and knowing you’re not better than anyone else, but you are destined to be great.

Another part of being a champion is to forgive others; it important not to hold onto how others treat us.  Forgiveness brings freedom and healing; it is more about you than the other person.  Another thing which is harder to do is to forgive ourselves; we all have done things that we are ashamed of.  We must look at what we are doing now, and looking forward to the future. It is what I have said about change; begins with our mental attitude.

A lot of my childhood I don’t remember any more.  I think part of it is selective memory but forgiveness as well. Again I am far from where I want to be; however, I am on my way. Being family I want to encourage you.

Until next time,

Love,

Herb

 

No comments:

Post a Comment