Friday, February 14, 2014

Risk



First thing I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day.

The great gift I believe we have is to love one another; also, it is the hardest to do as well. The reason, and let me blunt is that we act like jerks, and we do so most of the time.  This makes it really hard to love.

I have written about being champions, and making changes in our lives along with recognizing our gifts. I believe sometimes we have to take a risk to really find what some of our gifts are.  Also, some of us are late bloomers as well when finding the gifts.  I believe we have had the gifts for a while but didn't recognize them, or afraid to take the chance which comes to risk.

When I was in my late thirties I decided to go back to school which was scary as well since it had been a long time. I recognized that I needed improve my skills to get a better job. At the same time the church I was going to at the time called Vineyard of Gig Harbor had someone who had experience directing plays so ask those in charge to put on a play. On one Sunday they put out an announcement that they going to put on this play, and were asking for tryouts to get actors. I never was in a play before except way back in junior high, and I didn't have a very big part. Also, didn't really mean anything. So I decided go to tryouts though I didn't know that I could act, or land a part. I was surprised that not only I got a part; it was a very supporting role. In fact, the director told me and another guy that we had our parts. He didn't know anyone else who would be in the play at that time though he did have some idea. Of course, I was surprised and happy at the same time; also, I ended up doing a good job. I was told by different people in the audience after the first performance how good a job I did. I went on to do several other plays over the next several years. In fact, I was asked a couple times to be the leading role but I could not accept because I was going to school at the same time, and I could not take the time to prepare properly for the plays. I was in the plays though in a much smaller role, with only a few lines.

So see I took the risk, and it paid off. I would never have known that I had the talent to be an actor if I didn't take the risk. I am sure we all have talents like that we just haven’t tried. I am sure in the next five years I will take other risks to find out my other talents, and gifts.

Let you know it could be something  that you didn't think you were very good at a younger age, but now you can do so.


Being a true champion we must take risks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment