Friday, March 7, 2014

Pictures

Last weekend I was inspired to view a lot of pictures from my childhood by one of my friends who downloaded a lot of his childhood pictures on Facebook. Most of my pictures are still shown in books; I only have a few that I have downloaded onto my computer. I figure the best of the best I will download in the future.

Some of the pictures I saw were ones I don’t remember seeing before; for instance I saw a couple pictures of my Grandmother Nightingale that I had not seen before.  I only remember seeing one of her, and it was not a very good picture of her. These two pictures showed her being much more attractive.  The pictures taken in those days were very poor quality.

I found many more pictures of me than I remember having; I put them in an envelope so that way I can be able to download them onto the computer.  I found a couple class pictures from elementary school as well as individual school pictures. I wore large glasses so I was quite nerd looking though I did not consider myself a nerd. Of course the other kids may say different.  The ones I really liked were Christmas pictures. One that was cool I was eight years old, and my brother Jack was five; we were in cowboy outfits with boots and all. Both of us ready go to Wild Wild West.  Also I had a couple pictures setting on Santa Claus’s lap.

 Now almost everyone takes pictures either on a digital camera or a cell phone that has a camera.  My niece Leslie downloads at least a hundred pictures at a time.  Another big thing going on, a lot of people will take pictures of themselves at big sporting events, concerts, and vacations. They want all their friends know where they are at and how cool it is.


Of course in the future Leslie’s children and grandchildren will be able to see a lot more pictures than I have been able to see.  They will see a lot of what Leslie did growing up, and all her traveling. What the technology will be like than we can only dream.  In fact in my childhood time you would have told me about phones that took pictures I would have said you’re nuts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment