Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Living with Wild Animals



In the last forty years the human population of Gig Harbor has increased more than double. I am not sure if it is the same for wild animals. It does seem like we are seeing more of the wild animals than before, however, I think a lot of it has to do with the animals looking for food.

The most common animals are deer, raccoons, and bears. I haven’t seen bears; however, a lot of them have been reported by people. In fact, there are more reporting of bears around Gig Harbor than any other part of Washington State.  I have friends who have shown pictures of animals on social media primarily deer’s.  Some of them see the deer’s a lot on their property so they even have named them. Also, I have a deer walking down the street of Gig Harbor. They really feel they belong. It really shows that we are out in the country side. I like that the fact we are out in the country, however, the city is really close. We have the best of both worlds.

On the waterfront we see a lot of Canadian Geese, Sea Gulls, and Ducks. When I get the chance I will add pictures of them in the future on this blog.

Last Sunday I was at Skansie Park which is on the waterfront.  I talked to a lady who said to me that we must live in the most beautiful place in the world. I responded back that she is correct especially in the summer.  There are a lot of people who get discouraged during the winter, spring, and fall because of the rain, and cloudy skies. I guess I am used to it, however, I understand why people will live elsewhere during those seasons. I had another lady say she only here during the summer months because she is originally from England, and she says these months here are like England. She has had enough of that kind of weather.

I am sure most people enjoy the place that they live though there are exceptions.  I think kids especially don’t like living here except in the summer because they feel like there is not a lot to do. Also, I can understand that as well. Growing up in Gig Harbor I enjoyed all the times especially playing sports, and going out on our boats. We lived on the waterfront as well with all glass so we had probably the best view of all Gig Harbor. When we had visitors they always made comments about our beautiful view. I always enjoyed the snow when it came in during the winter. It really does not seem like we get as much snow now as back then. It is not like we had a lot of snow ever but now two or three inches at a time seems like a lot where we had about five inches. The most disappointing we never have a white Christmas.


I really hope you really enjoy the place that you live. Of course, most places are not perfect. Next time I will show some pictures I have taken of Gig Harbor. If you would like I recommend doing a search of Gig Harbor to find out more information. Of course, I will continue writing about Gig Harbor, and the other towns in Washington State. 

No comments:

Post a Comment