Monday, August 25, 2014

August Coming to the End



I know that there is one week of August left; however, it seems to me that August has gone by real fast which means that summer has gone by fast. I know that is nothing new since each summer goes by fast. It means that kids have, or they will be going back to school.

At church yesterday a lady asked a young boy if he was looking forward to school. He said that he was because he was having the right teacher, and his buddies are being in the same class. I would call him a blessed kid. I don’t know him very well; however, he seems to me that he is very smart. Also, his dad speaks very highly of his son. He may be happy to be back in school because it is his element; however, not all kids fit what I call his group the smart ones.

Another group of kids are those who take school in stride. They do not really want to be there; but their buddies are around them. I call them the popular ones. They are liked by most especially their friends.

Of course, the third group is what I call the Late Bloomers. I was part of that group growing up. Not only do they not want to be in school they know it will be a long year. I think this group should have a school of their own, or at least a class room. This way they do not have to compare themselves with the smart ones, or deal with the popular ones. They can work at their own pace, and they can have recess, and lunch together without the other two groups. The most important thing they get to realize that they are not alone. It is the biggest problem with this group thinking they are alone. They can have buddies that are just like them. This way they may be able to blossom earlier than later.


Though school can be good place for many kids it can be a bad place for others. Parents need to realize that school is not the same for all kids. Regardless of the group encourage, and love your kids. Make them realize they are the best. It is important to know they may not have the same experience in school that you had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment